Sunday, December 8, 2013

Peace n' blessins ya'll. Peace n' blessins.

Heeeeeeeeey!!! So Saturday was my month mark! It doesn't seem like I've been out a month at all. This is just flyin by! Things are going just great here. Sis Byu and I are getting along sooooo much better. We're actually pretty good friends now. We joke around alot and make each other food and cute crap like that.

 
Sisters BYU and Barlocker


 
Sis. Barlocker can COOK!...
Sister Barlocker can Cook?????



 Expect a butt-ugly Christmas card coming soon. Us and the elders (Brown and Every) are like family. Elder Brown and I are pretty much the same exact person and are best friends. He said I can be one of his groomsman at his wedding because I don't have the hair to be a bridesmaid. To which I said touche.

Sister Barlocker with Elders Every (left) and Brown (Right)

I gave one of the members a tube of mom's chapstick. They love it. And I am now out, so if you want to send me more, I'm cool with that. I'm pretty sure she looked you up and added you on facebook. She's kinda nuts. She likes to get really involved with our missionary work and tell us how to do our job which pisses Sista byu off like crazy but I think it's funny. So I just get a good laugh. And she also takes us to Godfathers Pizza every week so I like her. 
I got sick this week, I had crazy cramps and threw up a little bit. But I only stayed home on Tuesday. So we still got some work done. 

Thanksgiving was awesome. We went to a members home and the elders came with. They had 2 turkeys and a buttload of food. But, in efforts to not get fat, I only ate till I was full... Then had 4 pieces of pie. We played a bunch of card games and I taught them how to play "Scum" and they loved it and we probably played that for 3 hours. Elder Brown and I were helping each other cheat the whole time ahaha I adore that guy. Plus, he has an australian accent, who wouldn't love that? I wasn't homesick at all, I feel pretty much at home here. I'm pretty lucky with my companion and elders and area.
 

(But if Sister Barlocker WAS homesick, she told me that she'd look like this!)


Oh man, there is just too much to talk about. So I was reading my patriarchal blessing the other morning and something from it made me start thinking about my dear old parents. And I realized, that out of every single person who has ever been or ever will be alive on earth, I chose you two to raise me. I knew you guys and I chose you because out of everyone, I knew you two could raise me to who I wanted to be and help me the best. It kinda hit me. It's awesome to think that the me who I am trying to become again chose you two to help me become who I was before I came to Earth. It made me respect and love you in a totally different light. So thank you Mom and Dad for doing your job and raising me to become who I want to be. Sorry for all the crap I gave/give you.
 
 
Sis. Barlocker doing one of the things she was meant to do here on earth...
 
So we taught Alex this week. I wanted to do something different so when we went in, we got right to business and said a prayer and started instead of chatting for 30 minutes like we usually do. The spirit was already strong after the prayer. Then we did a Book of Mormon read. Which is just reading a select chapter (we did 2 Nephi 4:19-35) two verses at a time and stopping and letting the holy ghost talk in the silence, then if we feel prompted, we say something that stuck out to us in those 2 verses. Then we keep going. It's a completely personal experience that you have while other people are in the room. The spirit was overwhelming the longer we went. I can't even explain. That was the strongest I have ever felt the spirit. I was shaking it was so strong. The room seemed to be a little like heaven for the half hour we read and sat in silence and connected with God through the Holy Ghost. Alex was speechless the whole time. You could tell he was taken back and it definitely changed him a little bit. As for me, I got a new understanding of who I was before I came to Earth and who I want to become. I got a new sense of what it means to be a child of God and a new want to be the best that I can. It changed my life too.
 
 
Sister Barlocker, Alex, and Sister Byu
 


So Charlie, the deaf guy. He has a crush on me. Which is so awkward and uncomfortable I can't even explain. He gave me the creeps from the beginning because he looks like the oompa loompas on the new charlie and the chocolate factory and then he's getting all flirty and I hate it. We might have to give him to the Elders. 

Well. I best be gettin. As for the oils Mama, I'm not picky. I would prefer DoTerra just because I know they work really well but I'll be happy with whatever. I'm pretty sure DoTerra has a tiny little set with like 8 tiny viles in a little zip-up pouch thing (shanny had it) but I don't know. If they don't have that I'll just take some pine, peppermint, lavender, orange, lemon, clove... haha I don't know. All of it. Just get me whatever and I'll be happy.

I love you guys and I hope you're all doing well and havin a jolly ol' time. Hey, send me a picture of our house with the lights in the snow please. I want to make Elder Brown jealous. OHHHH. I also speak in sacrement this week... Hhaha so Mom, can you please mail me a copy of my farewell talk so that I can use the story please? Thanks. I love you all and will talk to you again next week. Peace n' blessins ya'll. Peace n' blessins.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment